Okay just some drafts for a questline for the town guard. beginning here with the last and biggest one. Any naming conventions for npcs? Suggestions and critique appreciated (please use the message thing here or the discord for these).
Quest name: Raiders!
non-radiant quest (i'd say)
requires at least 40-50 questpoints (a respectable member of society)
eventually you'll need to complete at least one quest from another Guard npc when i got to them later, if that condition is possible, as the completed quests are counted that should be possible, right?
necessary npcs (will be reused in other quests, i think the other quests will be implemented earlier than this one as this needs a bit more work):
up to 5 Guards, perhaps only 4 is better (locations see below)
1. Some captain of the guard, maybe right at the entrance to the castle? On the castle side of the bridge under the gateway or in the gatehouse for example?
2. "Make sure the town is safe."
3. Stage 1:
- start message: "They're attacking!"
- objective: defend a village from a raid (could be detected by detecting a change to the hero of the village effect going up to level 5)
- action: give player bad omen 5 effect
- complete message "That was one hell of a fight. Well done, lad."
- delay 2 seconds
- start message: " They raided some farms around here. Pesky bandits. I want their heads."
- npcs: deliver heads to captain: 1 vindicator, 1 pillager, 1 ravager, 1 evoker and 1 witch (the heads of the latter two seem quite more difficult to obtain, but the reward shall compensate for that, i'd guess to get these heads about a dozen raids will be necessary)
- complete message: "Hope they learnt their lesson." (actually as they are dead i doubt it)
- delay: 2 seconds
- start message: "They've wounded quite some guards, I don't want losses the next time."
- npcs: give every guard npc a totem of undying (i'd say 5 in total: 1 in the castle [maybe the captain themself], 1 on Modern Ave [perhaps patroling the longer tunnel], 1 near the pond [you know the windwaker themed pond], 1 were the small shops are [near the castle the passage under the bridge], 1 near the wheat enthusiast or carpenter, eventually these get names later on beginning with 'Guard' and will have smaller quests later)
- complete message: "Thanks, the royal treasurer will reward you."
1 premium key (you'll get really low rewards for the other guard quests)
2 quest points
no xp (for that you'd have killed enough mobs in that quest)